Why is Villa Paradiso best destination for green holidays?
Today I want to share with you why the Residence Villa Paradiso is the best destination for Green Holidays, especially in Lake Como area.
Once upon time there was a very caring family: Capelli, the family has built a residence in the beautiful town Gravedona ed Uniti, doing that without thinking about any promotional purpose.
The family was and still is committed to reducing their impact on the environment, using the best technology and common sense, focusing the efforts on:
- The reduction of energy consumption and the use of energy from 100% renewable sources;
- Reducing the use of detergents and disinfectants;
- The promotion of alternative mobility (guaranteeing the free use of bicycles, which are available at the property);
- The involvement of the staff and guests in the application of best practice in the environmental management of the facility;
- Management as efficient as possible.
Speaking with Valentina Castellani, a professional from the University Milano – Bicocca they discovered all the choices they made were in line with the most of the EU Ecolabel requirements. The EU Ecolabel is a voluntary label promoting environmental excellence, recognised throughout Europe. Click here or the logo to know more about the EU Ecolabel.
The accommodation is still in the process of the application, but I want to give you the results from the environment policy of Residence Villa Paradiso:
- High energy efficiency of the structure (building class A);
- Selecting an electricity supplier that guarantees the origin 100% from renewable sources;
- Heating the pool water with solar panels and keeping it warm through a special covering;
- Use of a home automation system that allows to optimize the management of the plant and to reduce consumption of energy, combined with timers and sensors for the lights;
- Use of systems to reduce the consumption of potable water (taps and mixers at reduced capacity, combined with timers);
- Reduction in the use of detergents and disinfectants, consistent with the hygiene requirements related to the activities;
- Collaboration with the local community-oriented projects aimed at encouraging the development of sustainable tourism destination;
- Collaboration in the development and promotion of programs that enable a tourism closer to the values of the territory and its environmental richness;
- Creation of a network of local tour companies who share the environment, a prerequisite for its activity.
We would love to keep in touch and listen your feedback or opinion about this post
We wish you a Very Merry Green Christmas & Happy green Holidays